Monday, August 21, 2017

Hello!

Well I took a month long break from the blog after doing such a good job of trying to post at least once a week.
But I have a good reason!
Mike and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in October and felt we needed to do something really, really special this year.

Back in January he started talking about the possibility of going to Europe this summer to see a few U2 concerts. Just the two of us.
Then on Valentine's Day he made it official! We had tickets to see U2 in Amsterdam and Brussels as well as the plane tickets to get over there.
Basically we were going to fly to London and spend two nights there. Then fly to Amsterdam to see U2 and have three nights there. Next up was a train ride and two nights in Brussels with another U2 concert. And last but not least, Zurich, Switzerland. I have always wanted to go to Switzerland so it was probably the place I was looking forward to visiting the most. London was a close second.

So I was beyond excited even though it seemed as if the trip was a long way off back then. But before I knew it, summer came and then I had a whole lot of prepping to do to get the kids ready for their trip with their grandparents in addition to making sure I was ready to go overseas for 11 days.
But honestly it wasn't as stressful as you would think. The hardest part for me actually was finding shoes that would be comfortable for all the walking I knew we would be doing, but a little stylish and cute at the same time.
 
I'm just going to say, it was worth it! Here we are in Zurich, the last country we visited on our trip. I have so many photos and stories I want to share about this trip. It was some much needed time for the two of us to get away and just have fun together. And except for the very last day in Zurich when I got super sick, it was exactly what I had hoped it would be for the most part. And as someone who needs "alone" time or just time to myself at some point every day, I realized on day seven of the trip that we had pretty much been together the entire time. And I hadn't missed my alone time at all!

Anyway, just like I did with our Ireland trip back in 2009, I plan to have several blog posts covering the trip. I'm not sure yet if I am going to do it by city or day. I'm thinking city, but I don't want the posts to get too long. I think I might even do a separate post for the U2 concerts!
I just want to get all the photos in one place and go through them to decide which ones I am actually going to share. Honestly, between coming back to regular life, jet lag, getting things organized around here again and back to school prep, I haven't had a lot of time to do much else. But now that school has started, I have more time to go through photos and my journal. So look for those posts coming soon!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip, plus you got to see your favorite band twice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thrilled to hear that you visited Europe and had such a lovely time together (except for the sick day of course!). I look forward to hearing and seeing more about it! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing trip that must have been!!!! And you got to see U2 twice!!! So COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete