Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Happy New Year!


We had such a great holiday break as a family!
My husband was back from working out of town for almost three weeks! It was pretty great to have him here so many days in a row. We made the most of it for sure!

But now we are getting back into routine, and I have so much I want to talk about in upcoming posts over the next few weeks! I have a few book and movie reviews. I want to talk more about my One Little Word progress that I introduced in This Post. It's really going well so far and I think the blog will be a good place to record how it's going. I want to talk about scrapbooking and how I am going to be doing more of it and working on my photography skills in 2018. Plus, I have a ton of new podcasts and favorite tv shows on the list, too. Pinterest is another love of mine, and I plan to do some posts on my Pinterest successes, failures and fun finds.

One thing I do know, is that my blog will be taking a tiny bit of a different direction as far as family sharing. It is going to be more like my public Instagram account I started recently. Back in the beginning of December, I thought again about what type of online presence I want to have for me and my family. It was a little eye opening to discover through the bloglovin app that a few people had started following my blog that made me extremely uncomfortable. And once again it helped me realize that I truly have no idea who is actually reading here. There is no way to block someone from reading my blog unless I make it completely private, and I already have a blog like that for the real personal family stuff. I kind of like to have a blog where I can share fun things about hobbies and travel and my progress with healthy living. In a way, it keeps me accountable and I enjoy sharing these things I love with others. 

But I do not plan on posting a lot of personal info or photos for the foreseeable future. My kids are at an age where they prefer not to have their private lives and photos on the internet and I respect that. So if I don't have their permission, I'm not posting. Occasionally they will let me share something. But family and friends who are still reading here, if you want that kind of info it will most likely be over on Facebook or my private Instagram.

Coming up next time: Christmas Break Movie Reviews!







6 comments:

  1. I hear ya -- we can only protect blogs so much! Can't wait to see what you have in store for this year!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do share your concern over who follows and reads our blogs, I have had some 'strange' followers too recently through Bloglovin. I have noticed a decline in followers leaving comments though, I do think people prefer to use Facebook and Instagram to leave a 'like' or a short comment. I think that is a bit sad but I guess that is what they call.... progress! Happy New Year to you! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree that blogs are not as "popular" as they used to be and in a way it's sad because there is so much more you can express in a blog post. So many of my favorite blogs that I used to read regularly have been abandoned. I'm glad you are still going strong though, Anne!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you too! I look forward to your scrapbooking and photography project posts, you are my inspiration. Love your 'one little word', I agree its hardest to love others when you don't love yourself. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shalini!
      You are such an inspiration to me, too. :)

      Delete